Electric guitarists know that having the right pedals can make or break a performance.
With so many options available, it can be challenging to decide which pedals to use and how to organize them. This is where a pedal board comes in.aragraph -->
A pedal board is a flat surface that holds guitar pedals and connects them to a power supply and amplifier. It provides a clean and organized setup that is easy to transport between gigs.- wp_under_first_paragraph - under_first_paragraph -->
Imagine being able to show up to your gig, like the bar or church or coffee shop, and all you have to do is plug in your guitar, and plug in your power and boom! You’re ready to go and sound like a pro.
When it comes to choosing the best electric guitar pedal board, there are a few critical factors to consider.
The first is size. Pedalboards come in various sizes, and it’s essential to choose one that fits your pedals comfortably.
A board that is too small will be cramped and difficult to use, while a board that is too large will be cumbersome and challenging to transport.p_incontent_7 - incontent_7 -->
Additionally, it’s important to consider the type of pedals you have and how they will be arranged on the board.
Another factor to consider is whether to use a pedal board or a multi-effects pedal.
While multi-effects pedals can be a convenient all-in-one solution, they often lack the customization and versatility of individual pedals.
A pedal board allows for complete control over each effect, making it easier to achieve a unique sound. Additionally, it’s easier to replace or upgrade individual pedals on a board compared to a multi-effects pedal.
One crucial aspect of a pedal board is the power supply.
It’s essential to choose a power supply that can handle the voltage and amperage requirements of your pedals. And it’s important to consider how many pedals you’ll use and how they will be connected.
Daisy-chaining pedals can cause unwanted noise and interference, so it’s often best to use a dedicated power supply with isolated outputs.
And don’t be afraid to tinker! Try different combinations and sequences of pedals to learn how it affects your sound and tone.
The right electric guitar pedal board can make a huge difference in performance.
With these factors in mind, you’ll be well on your way to creating a clean and organized setup that will help you achieve your desired sound.
Best Electric Guitar Pedal Boards
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned musician, having a reliable and efficient pedal board is essential for achieving the perfect sound. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the best electric guitar pedal boards on the market. Check them out below.
GUITTO Guitar Pedalboard
If you’re looking for a durable and portable guitar pedalboard that doesn’t use Velcro, the GUITTO Guitar Pedalboard is a great option.
- The fixture blocks make it easy to quickly attach and adjust pedals without using Velcro.
- Multiple fixing slots allow you to adjust the angle of your pedals for maximum comfort and accessibility.
- The under-chassis design is collapsible and hidden, making it easy to transport and saving space during performances.
- The aluminum alloy structure makes it slightly heavier than some other pedalboards on the market.
- While the edge protectors help prevent scratches, the metal surface may still be prone to scuffs and wear over time.
- May not be suitable for larger, heavier pedals.
According to reviews, users love the sturdy and solid construction of the GUITTO Guitar Pedalboard, as well as the convenience of the fixture blocks for attaching pedals without Velcro. Some reviewers noted that the board may not be suitable for larger or heavier pedals, but overall, it’s a great option for those looking for a durable and portable pedalboard.
AxcessAbles Guitar Pedal Board 20″ x 12″ Lightweight 4lb Aluminum Pedalboard with Canvas Carry Bag and Velcro Up to 18 Guitar, Bass Stomp Pedals. Compatible with BOSS, MXR, TC, Digitech PEDALBOARD-L
If you’re looking for a lightweight and durable pedalboard that can accommodate a variety of pedals, the AxcessAbles Guitar Pedal Board is a great option.
- The aluminum construction provides a sturdy and durable platform to hold all your pedals.
- The pedalboard is lightweight and easy to transport, making it perfect for gigging musicians.
- The ample space on the board allows you to easily fit all of your pedals.
- The included carrying bag is not very durable and may need to be replaced.
- The power supply may be difficult to fit underneath the board.
- The included velcro may not be strong enough to hold heavier pedals in place.
The AxcessAbles Guitar Pedal Board is a great option for musicians who need a reliable and sturdy pedalboard that can withstand frequent use. As one Amazon reviewer notes, “This Pedalboard is exactly what I wanted. A simple, affordable board with fixed feet. There’s plenty of room for plenty of pedals.”
The lightweight and portable design of the pedalboard makes it easy to transport to gigs and rehearsals. The non-slip rubberized feet on the bottom of the board help to keep it in place on stage, reducing the risk of accidental slips or falls. As another Amazon reviewer notes, “It’s nothing more than a slab of metal you attach pedals to but is still extremely convenient. I can fit about 10 average-sized pedals and fit a wah pedal which was something I was worried about.”
The pedalboard also comes with two rolls of velcro for pedal attachment, as well as a durable nylon carry bag with a zippered pouch and handles for transportation, protection, and storage. As one Amazon reviewer notes, “The velcro holds on well and the bag is a nice touch. The bag is complete garbage. Both zippers broke off the first time I pulled on them. BOTH OF THEM. They might as well not have included the damn thing.”
Overall, the AxcessAbles Guitar Pedal Board is a great choice for musicians who need a reliable and portable pedalboard that can accommodate a variety of pedals. As one Amazon reviewer notes, “To be fair, this is my first larger pedal board. The bag is complete garbage.”
TUOREN Pedal Board Kit
If you’re looking for a portable and affordable pedal board kit, the TUOREN Pedal Board Kit is definitely worth considering. With its solid construction and large size, it’s perfect for gigging musicians or for practicing at home.
- Plenty of space for 8-10 standard effect pedals
- Solid construction with a nice black finish
- Comes with velcro tape, 15 ribbons and 15 gommures for easy setup
- May not fit larger pedals
- Velcro tape may not be strong enough for heavy pedals
- No carrying case included
The TUOREN Pedal Board Kit is a great option for guitarists who need a reliable and portable way to rig their pedals. One Amazon reviewer raves, “This pedal board is perfect for my needs. It’s compact, lightweight, and easy to set up. I’ve used it for gigs and it’s held up great so far.”
Another reviewer notes, “I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this pedal board. It’s sturdy and well-made, and the included velcro tape and ribbons make it easy to set up and organize my pedals.”
Overall, if you’re in the market for an affordable and reliable pedal board kit, the TUOREN Pedal Board Kit is definitely worth checking out.
LOTKEY Guitar Pedal Board
If you’re looking for a lightweight and portable pedal board that is easy to transport, the LOTKEY Guitar Pedal Board is a great option for beginners and professionals alike.
- The aluminium alloy material makes it ultra-lightweight, weighing only 2.2lbs, and easy to carry around to gigs or home practice.
- The Velcro is very adhesive, ensuring your pedals will stay securely in place during use and transportation.
- The slight incline design makes it more comfortable and convenient to step on the pedals compared to flat design boards.
- The power supply installation can be a bit tricky, and it may take some time to figure out the best way to fit it on the board.
- The board may not be suitable for larger pedals, as it can only hold up to 10 mini single pedals.
- The board may not be as durable as some other options on the market, and may not hold up as well over time with frequent use.
According to one Amazon review, “This pedal board is perfect for the home musician, it’s light and easy to transport. It’s also quite sturdy and the Velcro is very adhesive. The slight incline design is a nice touch and makes it easier to use compared to flat design boards. However, the power supply installation can be a bit tricky, and it may not be suitable for larger pedals.”
Overall, the LOTKEY Guitar Pedal Board is a great option for those looking for a lightweight, portable, and affordable pedal board that can hold up to 10 mini single pedals. It may not be the most durable option on the market, but it is a great choice for beginners and those on a budget.
Monoprice SPB-100 X-Large Pedal Board
If you’re a gigging musician looking for a no-frills pedal board that’s affordable, durable, and easy to transport, the Monoprice SPB-100 X-Large Pedal Board is a great choice.Pros
- The aluminum construction is lightweight and durable, perfect for gigging musicians who need a reliable board that can withstand frequent use and travel.
- The SPB-100 includes hook and loop adhesive fasteners for universal and easy pedal mounting, so you won’t need anything besides the board and your pedals to assemble your rig.
- The SPB-100 features a portable design and includes a carrying bag for easy transport, making it a great choice for musicians who need to move their gear frequently.
- The SPB-100 is only available in one color (black), which may not be to everyone’s taste.
- The board only comes in one size (X-Large), which may be too large for some musicians who prefer a more compact setup.
- The included hook and loop adhesive fasteners may not be as secure as other mounting options, so you may need to experiment with different ways of securing your pedals to the board.
The Monoprice SPB-100 X-Large Pedal Board is a great choice for gigging musicians who need a reliable, affordable, and easy-to-transport board for their pedals. As one Amazon reviewer notes, “This pedal board is perfect for my needs. It’s lightweight, sturdy, and fits all my pedals with room to spare.”
Overall, if you’re looking for a no-frills pedal board that’s easy to use and transport, the Monoprice SPB-100 X-Large Pedal Board is definitely worth considering.
If you’re looking for a small and convenient pedalboard for your guitar effects pedals, the Mr.Power Pedalboard is a great option to consider.
- Compact size makes it easy to carry and transport to gigs or rehearsals
- Sturdy aluminum construction ensures durability and protection for your pedals
- Comes with pre-applied adhesive for easy setup and organization of your pedals
- May not be suitable for larger pedal collections
- No carrying case included
- Velcro may not adhere well to certain types of pedals
According to Amazon reviews, users have found the Mr.Power Pedalboard to be a great value for its size and durability:
“Really great if you just have a handful of pedals. So nice it comes with all the adhesive and other accessories. I use this cause I really only use 3-5 pedals at a time gigging.”
“I only own a couple (mini) pedals, so this is perfect for me. I’m not a touring musician so I can’t say this will hold up if it’s tossed around a van or on a dirty stage somewhere, but for practicing and playing small gigs it’s perfect.”
Overall, the Mr.Power Pedalboard is a great choice for guitarists who want a small and reliable option for organizing their effects pedals.
EX-Portable 14″ Mini Pedalboard
- It’s made of aluminum alloy, which makes it both lightweight and heavy-duty.
- Comes with two rolls of fastener tapes to secure the pedals in place.
- It’s small and compact, making it easy to transport.
- It can only accommodate a few pedals, so it’s not ideal for larger setups.
- The pedals can be difficult to arrange due to the limited space.
- The fastener tapes may lose their stickiness over time.
According to one Amazon review, “This was one of my 12-year-old son’s Christmas presents. He loves it. I love it. I’m thinking we’re gonna need the larger one since he keeps asking for more pedals. I’ll just take this one for my pedal.”
Overall, if you’re looking for a simple and lightweight pedalboard for a smaller setup, the EX-Portable 14″ Mini Pedalboard is a great choice.
Donner DP-1 Guitar Power Supply
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable power supply for your guitar pedals, the Donner DP-1 is definitely worth considering.
- 10 isolated outputs to power multiple pedals at once
- Noise reduction circuit design for low noise and increased stability
- Independent short-circuit protection to prevent damage to other outputs
- The blue LED light can be too bright for some users
- The power cables may be too short for larger pedalboards
- Some users have reported that the power supply can be noisy with certain pedals
The Donner DP-1 is a great choice for musicians who need to power multiple pedals at once. The 10 isolated outputs ensure that each pedal receives clean power, and the noise reduction circuit design helps to eliminate unwanted noise. The independent short-circuit protection is also a nice feature that adds an extra layer of protection for your pedals.
According to one Amazon review, “The unit is very small compared to the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus. I’m not having any noise issues. The 500ma outlet powers my Flashback X4 perfectly fine.”
Another reviewer said, “Works very well on my pedal board. No hum, noise, etc. Great product.”
Overall, the Donner DP-1 is a solid choice for guitarists who need a reliable and affordable power supply for their pedals.
ProTec Stonewood Pedalboard
If you’re looking for a sturdy and reliable pedalboard that’s easy to transport, the ProTec Stonewood Pedalboard is a great choice. With its textured vinyl exterior and wood frame, it provides excellent protection for your pedals while remaining lightweight and comfortable to carry.
- Responsibly made: All materials tested to be free of Lead, DEHP, PAHS8, DBP, and BBP.
- Metal latches and corners: Heavy-duty metal latches quickly and easily secures the case. Metal corner covers protect the case from bumps and scratches and keeps sharp corners away from other gear.
- Removable lid and rubber feet: Take your pedals from transport to performance in a flash with the removeable lid. Sturdy custom-designed rubber feet keep the board from sliding.
- May not fit larger pedals
- Padding may not be thick enough for some users
- Hook and loop pedal tape may not be strong enough for heavier pedals
The ProTec Stonewood Pedalboard is a great choice for guitarists who need a reliable and durable pedalboard that’s easy to transport. As one Amazon reviewer notes, “This board is a great size and has enough space for even the largest pedals. The metal latches and corners are very sturdy and the removable lid is a nice touch.” However, some users may find that the padding is not thick enough for their liking, and the hook and loop pedal tape may not be strong enough for heavier pedals.
OTraki Pedal Coupler Connectors
If you’re looking for a space-saving solution for your pedal board, the OTraki Pedal Coupler Connectors are a great option.
- The gold-plated copper material is durable and rustproof, ensuring long-term use.
- The Z-shaped design allows you to connect two pedals with similar height, shortening your signal chain and ensuring low noise and superior signal transmission.
- The compact size saves space on your pedal board and keeps your pedals tidy.
- The 1/4-inch TS plugs are slightly off perpendicular to the centers, which may cause issues with certain pedals.
- Some users have reported sound issues when using these connectors with pedals that have power jacks on the side.
- There are only four connectors in a package, so you may need to purchase multiple packs for larger pedal boards.
These connectors have received positive feedback from users, with one saying “If you have a tall pedal and a short pedal this connector will allow you to close couple you guitar pedals and not waste space in your pedal board. Plus eliminates the cord fatigue and breakage problem.” Another user stated “I like these a lot as they keep the pedals much closer together. I have not noticed any sound issues at all.”
If you’re looking for a space-saving solution that doesn’t compromise on sound quality, the OTraki Pedal Coupler Connectors are definitely worth considering. Just be aware of the potential issues with certain pedal types.
Fender Pedal Board with Case
If you’re a touring musician, the Fender Pedal Board with Case is the perfect choice for keeping your pedals organized and secure on the road.
- The low-profile, lightweight design makes it easy to transport and set up for gigs.
- The universal mounting bracket fits most popular pedal power-supplies, so you can easily power all of your pedals.
- The included soft case with storage pocket and cable ties keeps your pedals and accessories safe during transport.
- The price point may be higher than some other options on the market.
- The size may be too large for some musicians who prefer a more compact setup.
- Some users have reported that the included cable ties are not very durable and may need to be replaced over time.
The Fender Pedal Board with Case is a great investment for any musician who needs a reliable and secure way to transport their pedals on the road. As one Amazon reviewer notes, “This pedal board is light weight but sturdy and has plenty of room for 6-8 pedals. I found cable routing easy and the pedal board comes with cable ties etc to help keep them in place and out of the way.” With its thoughtful design and durable construction, this pedal board is sure to be a valuable addition to any musician’s gear collection.
BOSS BCB-30X Pedal Board
If you’re a guitarist who needs a compact and customizable pedal board, the BOSS BCB-30X Pedal Board is the perfect solution. It’s lightweight, durable, and offers great protection for your pedals.
- The customizable high-density foam insert can be cut to fit a variety of pedal sizes, making it versatile for different setups.
- The compact size makes it easy to transport and perfect for grab-and-go gigs.
- The tough molded construction offers great durability and protection for your pedals.
- The foam insert can be tricky to cut, so be sure to use a good toolkit-grade cutting knife and ruler on a flat surface.
- Arranging the power cables beneath the pedals can be a bit of a challenge and may require some patience.
- The board is designed to hold three BOSS pedals, so it may not be suitable for larger pedal collections.
According to Amazon reviews, one user found that “the foam insert is tricky to cut (draw around your pedals & use a good toolkit-grade cutting knife & ruler on a flat surface). Arranging the power cables beneath nearly caused a nervous breakdown. But once done, it’s a great little board.” Another user noted that “this board is great! Sturdy and stable, but planning the layout is key. I configured several ways before choosing the final layout and working out cable management.”
Overall, the BOSS BCB-30X Pedal Board is a solid choice for guitarists who need a compact and customizable pedal board. While it may not be suitable for larger pedal collections, its lightweight and durable construction make it a great option for grab-and-go gigs or as a sidecar board for utility pedals and footswitches.
CAMOLA Guitar Pedal Power Supply
If you’re looking for an affordable and reliable power supply for your pedal board, the CAMOLA Guitar Pedal Power Supply is a great option. It’s sturdy, compact, and can power up to 10 pedals at once.
- Provides 10 isolated DC outputs, including 9V, 12V, and 18V options.
- Comes with short circuit and overcurrent protection for added safety.
- Includes a USB port for charging your phone or other devices on the go.
- May not be powerful enough for some high-end digital pedals.
- Some users have reported a slight hum when using certain pedals.
- The power cable is a bit short, which may be inconvenient for some setups.
According to one satisfied customer, “I am surprised at how well this works. I checked each outlet with a multi tester and the specs are accurate. I patched in my board with several current-hungry pedals and they worked perfectly.”
Overall, the CAMOLA Guitar Pedal Power Supply is a solid choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly and reliable power supply for their pedal board.
Temple Audio DUO 24 Templeboard – Vintage White
If you’re looking for a modular pedalboard system that’s easy to use and looks great, the Temple Audio DUO 24 Templeboard in Vintage White is a solid choice.
- The 24″ size is perfect for two rows of effects, giving you plenty of space to work with.
- The grid hole design allows for easy cable management and customization, so you can set up your pedals exactly how you want them.
- The Vintage White color looks sleek and professional, and the build quality is top-notch.
- The price point may be a bit high for some musicians, especially if you’re just starting out with pedalboards.
- The rectangular shape may not be ideal for all setups, depending on your individual needs and preferences.
- Assembly is required, which may be a drawback for musicians who prefer a more plug-and-play setup.
Overall, the Temple Audio DUO 24 Templeboard is a great choice for anyone who wants a customizable, high-quality pedalboard system that looks great on stage. As one Amazon reviewer put it, “Love this pedalboard! I bought this after my homemade board got a little too cramped. Favorite features: grid hole design allows for the use of zip ties (or patented quick plates, more on those later.” Whether you’re a touring musician or just looking for a reliable pedalboard for your home studio, the Temple Audio DUO 24 Templeboard is definitely worth considering.
Another reviewer said, “I always used the perforated method on my pedalboards. This product from Temple is everything I was always looking for. Very practical and with a lot of gadgets to improve your pedalboard (a little bit pricey but worth the investment).” So, if you’re willing to invest a bit more in a high-quality pedalboard system that will last for years to come, the Temple Audio DUO 24 Templeboard is definitely worth checking out.
Temple Audio DUO 34 Templeboard – Gunmetal
If you’re looking for a versatile and well-designed pedalboard that can accommodate various pedals, the Temple Audio DUO 34 Templeboard is a great choice.
- The modular design allows you to customize the layout of your pedals, making it easy to accommodate different sizes and shapes of effects pedals.
- The quick-release pedal mounting system makes it easy to swap out pedals without having to unscrew them from the board.
- The gunmetal finish gives the board a sleek and professional look, making it great for both studio and live use.
- Some users have reported durability issues, particularly with the quick-release pedal mounts.
- The board can be a bit heavy, which may be an issue if you’re looking for a more portable option.
- The price point may be a bit steep for some, particularly if you’re just starting out with your pedal collection.
According to one user, “After countless hours of research I came to the conclusion that this is most versatile mass market pedalboard out there. After not seeing exactly what I was looking for I was going to build my own pedalboard. I’m glad I didn’t. This board is amazing.”
Another user notes, “If I had just been doing a simple board with traditional pedals this board would probably have worked out perfectly. Unfortunately I’m using a Helix floor unit along with a MIDI controller and some boutique pedals, so the board is a bit cramped.”
Overall, if you’re looking for a high-quality and customizable pedalboard that can accommodate a range of pedals, the Temple Audio DUO 34 Templeboard is definitely worth considering.
When it comes to purchasing the best electric guitar pedal board, there are several factors to consider. Here are some key features to keep in mind:
Size and Weight
One of the most important things to consider is the size and weight of the pedal board. If you plan on traveling with your board, you’ll want to choose a lightweight and compact option that is easy to transport. On the other hand, if you plan on using your board at home, a larger and heavier option may be more appropriate.
“I love how compact and lightweight this pedal board is. It’s perfect for traveling to gigs and rehearsals.” – Amazon review
Number of Pedals
Another important factor to consider is the number of pedals you plan on using. If you only have a few pedals, a smaller board may be sufficient. However, if you have a large collection of pedals, you’ll want to choose a board that can accommodate all of them.
“This pedal board is perfect for my needs. It’s large enough to fit all of my pedals without being too bulky.” – Amazon review
Many pedal boards come with a built-in power supply, which can be a convenient feature. Make sure to choose a board with a power supply that is compatible with your pedals.
“The built-in power supply on this board is a game-changer. It’s so convenient to have all of my pedals powered from one source.” – Amazon review
Finally, consider the cable management options on the board. Look for a board with plenty of space for cables and a system for keeping them organized.
“I love the cable management system on this board. It keeps everything neat and tidy, which is especially important when playing live.” – Amazon review
Honorable Mention: Multi-effects Pedals for Guitar
So why should you even consider a multi effects pedals instead of building out your own high power tone machine?
Well, let me put it this way: using a multi-effects processor is like having a whole bunch of guitar pedals in one convenient package, without the need for a bunch of patch cables, power supplies, and other gear cluttering up your floor like a musical obstacle course.
And, if you’re really feeling lazy, you can even program your multi-effects processor to do all the work for you, so you can focus on perfecting your rock-star hair flip.
Multi-effects processors are like having a Swiss Army Knife for your guitar rig, except instead of a tiny saw and a toothpick, you get a chorus, a delay, and a wah pedal. And they can pack a ton of effects for a much lower cost compared to custom-built guitar pedal boards.
Keep reading to seem some solid reviews at a range of budgets.
Zoom G1X FOUR Guitar Multi-Effects Processor
If you want to take your guitar playing to the next level, the Zoom G1X FOUR Guitar Multi-Effects Processor is a great investment that offers a wide range of effects and features for a reasonable price.
- The Zoom G1X FOUR comes with over 70 built-in guitar effects and 13 amp models, giving you endless possibilities to experiment with your sound.
- The free download of Zoom guitar lab Mac/Windows software allows you to access a library of downloadable effects, opening up even more creative options.
- The 30-second looper and 68 built-in rhythm patterns make it easy to practice and create your own music.
- The plastic housing may feel less sturdy than other, more expensive pedal boards.
- The battery-powered function may not be ideal for musicians who prefer to use an AC adapter.
- The pedal may be a bit small for musicians with larger feet, making it difficult to use the expression pedal.
According to one Amazon review, “This is a great little effects pedal. It’s easy to use and has a lot of features that you wouldn’t expect for the price. The looper and drum machine are especially useful for practicing and songwriting.”
Overall, the Zoom G1X FOUR Guitar Multi-Effects Processor is a versatile and affordable option for guitar players looking to expand their sound and creativity.
BOOMERANG III Loop Station
If you’re looking for a versatile, high-quality looper pedal that’s perfect for practicing or live performances, the BOOMERANG III Loop Station is an excellent choice.
- Easy and intuitive to use: The BOOMERANG III loop station is fun right out of the box. Any guitar player beginner or pro will love stacking some loops with our simple to use pedal style. Controls are easy to adjust so you can focus on the music.
- High quality processor sounds great: The BOOMERANG is built solid and is a leader in superb sound quality. Offering two Sample Rates – 48KHz or 24KHz. Whether at home, in the studio, or the gig this looper pedal delivers sonic excellence.
- 4 distinct play styles provides ultimate flexibility: 3 or 4 loops – your choice. Max recording time up to 35 minutes. Easily syncs to an external MIDI clock source. Multi effects included. No limit to the number of parts you can stack. Accessories available.
- May be too expensive for some beginners.
- Some users may find the pedal to be too large for their pedal board.
- May take some time to learn how to use all of the features.
The BOOMERANG III Loop Station is perfect for anyone looking for a high-quality looper pedal that’s easy to use and offers a wide range of features. According to one satisfied customer, “By far the easiest looper I have ever used that’s also packed with so many features.”
Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, the BOOMERANG III Loop Station is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a versatile, high-quality looper pedal that delivers excellent sound quality and offers a wide range of features.
FLAMMA FX100 Guitar Pedal Multi-effects Processor
If you’re looking for a versatile, all-in-one pedal board, the FLAMMA FX100 is a great choice. With a variety of effects, amp models, presets, and more, this pedal board can take your sound to the next level.
- The FX100 offers an impressive 150+ effects, with up to 9 effects usable simultaneously. This makes it easy to experiment with different sounds and find the perfect tone for your playing style.
- The 55 classic & modern high-quality guitar AMP Models utilize non-linear digital amp modelling technology, giving you a real tube amp tone, feel & response.
- The 200 presets provide multiple sound options for beginners, and the dedicated editor software allows for easy preset editing and software updates via USB on your Windows PC or MAC.
- The tap feature light is always on, and often red and flashing, which can be distracting.
- The pedal board can be complicated to use for beginners, with many features that may not be necessary for some players.
- Some users have reported difficulty using the FX100 as an interface with their Mac for recording.
According to one satisfied customer, “This is the best value for a multipedal on the market with 200 presets there isn’t a tone you cannot find, very easy to switch the types of effects, amps, and cabs. The built-in looper works better than expected and the expression pedal is great for controlling volume or effects.”
Overall, the FLAMMA FX100 is a great choice for guitarists who want a versatile, all-in-one pedal board. With a wide variety of effects and amp models, as well as the ability to connect to your mobile device for recording and live streaming, this pedal board is a great investment for any musician.
Boss ME-80 Multi-Effects Pedal Guitar
If you’re looking for a versatile, easy-to-use, and great-sounding multi-effects pedal, the Boss ME-80 is definitely worth considering.
- The knob-based interface makes it easy to dial in great sounds quickly.
- The eight footswitches deliver twice the control of previous designs, making it easy to switch between effects and patches.
- The free Boss Tone Studio software provides even more tonal possibilities and access to free gig-ready patches created by top pro guitarists.
- The learning curve can be a bit steep, especially if you’re new to multi-effects pedals.
- Some of the effects may not be as authentic as vintage analog boxes, but they still sound great.
- The unit is a bit heavy and bulky, so it may not be the best choice for those who need a more portable setup.
The Boss ME-80 is a great choice for performing guitarists who want a wide variety of high-quality effects at their fingertips.
As one reviewer put it, “The tone dragon had me strung out and now I have basically all the tone I need and saved sooo much $$. I had a Boss DS1 and a Boss DD8 and together they cost as much as the ME-80!! Think about that.”
While there may be a bit of a learning curve, the knob-based interface and free Boss Tone Studio software make it easy to dial in great sounds and create custom patches. And with its rugged construction and intuitive footswitches, it’s a great choice for gigging musicians.
Choosing between a multi-effects processor and a guitar pedal board ultimately comes down to personal preference and specific needs.
While guitar pedal boards offer a hands-on approach with individual pedals, multi-effects processors provide convenience and versatility in a single unit. Both options have their pros and cons, and it’s up to each guitarist to decide which one suits their playing style and budget best.
Ultimately, the goal is to enhance the music and have fun while doing it, so whichever option you choose, keep on rockin’ and rollin’!